How Friends Can Help with Depression
If you have noticed lately that you are feeling depressed, you may be wondering what you can do about it. I wanted to provide you with some tips, that if you try them and use them on a regular basis, you would find that your depression is improved and you are back on your way to wellness.
- If you are invited to a holiday party, go to that party. You will find that once you go, you would not be so caught up in negative thinking.
- Invite a friend that you have not talked to for lunch or dinner. You may have let some friendships go because of depression. This is a chance to get your friendship back on track.
- Do you have a hobby that involves other people? Do you play sports or participate in group exercise? This is a good way to get involved with other people and make friends.
- Have you ever thought about joining a book club? Book clubs provide a way for people to meet and socialize and form friendships.
- Have you ever looked at the events in your area? There is a web site called www.meetup.com that lists hobbies and events going on in your area. They list trivia nights hosted at local restaurants and bars, groups training for a 5k run, book clubs, and any interests that you might have. Check it out and connect.